Saturday, February 1, 2014
On 4:42 PM by KiAnna in ask kianna, calories, carbs, cardio, exercise, fitness, mail, nutrition, strength training, weight loss, weight loss questions No comments
"Hi. I wrote to you before and said I was on an 860 cal/day diet and losing about 10 lbs/month. Well, now I’m losing like 7 lbs a month. I know that as I lose weight, my metabolism slows, but I would really like to lose at that faster rate. I was wondering if you have a workout plan that doesn’t slow weight loss that you can recommend. I was complaining to you about having no energy, so I basically have not been working out to lose weight.
I did try zumba for some weeks, and became frustrated because I started losing like 1 lb a week instead of the usual 2.5 (I know it was probably due to muscle gain, but it freaked me out that my weight loss had slowed due to exercise). So basically, any advice you can give on how to add exercise to my weight loss journey without slowing down said weight loss would be helpful."
Good to hear you're still getting results but I do understand where you're coming from, you want to see more weight just fall off. What I recommend to lose weight at a faster rate is increase your cardio. I burned a lot of calories by jogging in the morning 5-6 days a week. I ate a LIGHT breakfast of Yoplait non-fat yogurt, whole wheat toast, banana and green tea (I told you it was light) then jogged for 45 mins to an hour. When I had more time I'd just go on a nice walk in the evening, I found that it was easier on my knees and shins if I walked more so I switched out jogging for walking. I didn't lift any weights, just cardio.
Since I was eating so few calories like you are, walking was better for me, I was rarely tired and my legs looked fabulous. The more walking I did on an incline the more calories I burned, so I'd tackle hills pretty often, if there aren't any hills where you live then hit the treadmill and make sure you turn up the incline.
Remember the more active you are, the more calories you should consume, but don't worry you burn them off while you workout. I didn't gain muscle walking or at least not enough to equal a pound.
Make sure you're eating enough carbohydrates since carbs provide you with energy, like whole wheat bread for instance.
For MORE energy, I drank lots of green tea, it worked wonders. Other options are;
- Herbal sources of caffeine and related compounds like guarana, yerba mate, and kola nut
- Green tea (also a source of caffeine)
- Capsaicin (red pepper)
- Asian Ginseng
- Bitter Orange (specifically, the ingredient synephrine) -Source
I'd recommend natural remedies over energy drinks any day, they'll keep you going, trust me. Here are some more exercises you can try.
If you're interested in strength training, which helps as well, try this out.
Featured Image Source
You’re welcome to send me an email at luvkianna [@] gmail [DOT] com or on Ask.fm, Facebook
DISCLAIMER: You should always consult with your Doctor before beginning any type of exercise or physical activity.
I offer health, fitness and nutritional information. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Watch Kiannaluv21 Videos
Draw my Life &
Why Kiannaluv21 went to jail
How to get over your ex &
How I'm losing weight
Simple Havana Twist
My Weight loss Progress &
Bra Stuffing 101
Lace Closure Application
luvkianna.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Eye for an Eye Bitch!
- Laque Nail Bar will get you together!
- Sonjdra Deluxe is what you call a Professional Mak...
- Everyone's Definition of Beauty is different, Acce...
- LONG HAIR: Nicki Minaj shows off her NATURAL hair ...
- Jewsie Nails: Inspiring & Fun Nail Art Tutorials
- Animals you've never heard of | Creepy or Beautifu...
- Did you know Black People were kept in Human Zoos?...
- Calem West shows you how to get a Bigger, HIGHER B...
- The Beyble: People WORSHIPING Beyonce
- Nail Art Inspiration: Laura Merino Instagram
- Water, the Magic Weight Loss Elixir!
- I'm Celibate and didn't even know it lol
- Dark skin women should NOT wear Bright Red Lips!
- When I say "Slavery" you say "Sorry" | SNL is NOT ...
- Frank Ocean Bad Religion | Why are people so offen...
- Ask KiAnna: Workout Plan to lose weight Faster
- Kiannaluv21 Weight Loss Journey | From 100lbs to 1...
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2010 (119)
- ► 2009 (61)